Ever wonder why nobody turned up even after you hooted enough about your new website redesign? If you still believe that old tech adage ‘build it and they will come’ perhaps you need to step out of the digital land’s Stone Age. Believe us you, it doesn’t work like that anymore. Your online business/website must know how to deliver engaging, personalized, and responsive digital user experience design to your visitors. Intuitive designs, real results, and set jet experience make them come back to you every time for more.
This article will provide you with all that you need to know about User Experience Design. Through the length of this article we will try to cover the following points:
– Statistics that indicate the importance of UX Design
– User experience design principles and rules
– Benefits of an optimized user experience for your business
– UX Design theories from the top tech giants in our industry
In today’s marketplace, where purchasing decisions are incited by online ratings and reviews of taste-makers and early adopters, only great products will survive.
The difference between an average design and a great design is INTENTION & EXECUTION. Best user experience design companies always work on this ideology.
Simple, let’s admit it, the moment a user visits your website, you are apparently engaging in a user experience, and hence the quality of that experience will influence the longevity of that user’s stay on the site. So if you leverage a great user experience, you have fair chances to leg up on the competition. So, believe it that User experience optimization matters and it matters more than ever.
Industry stats which prove the importance of UX Design Optmization
- 68% of users leave a site because of poor User-centered design
- About a whopping 97% sites fail owing to bad UX designs
- You have about 3 seconds for a user to find what they want on your web page before they leave.
- 48% of users say that if they arrive on a business site that isn’t working well on mobile, they take it as an indication of the business simply not caring.
- Only 55% of companies are currently conducting any kind of online testing to optimize user experience.
- 44% of online shoppers tell a friend about a bad online experience.
UX Design and Optimization
The web has witnessed mammoth advances; however a website’s success still depends on just one thing: how users interact with it.
Few questions that run through any visitor’s mind as they experience your site and decide whether or not they will return or cruise further are:
– Does this website give me value?
– Is it simple to use?
– Does it navigate me to the right place?
– Am I engaged?
– Is it pleasant to use?
Whether you are aware of these or not, practically UX design is all about convincing them to answer “Yes” to all above questions.
It’s all about keeping your users hooked. Precisely user insights are the most important ingredient to establishing a great design experience for users. For user-perfected experiences, understanding the user’s thoughts and concerns is important.
Fabricating user-centric design involves a wide range of skills that encompass creating personas, wireframes, specifications, information architectures, interaction flows, high-resolution comps, and prototypes; conducting user research, doing usability studies, and organizing content. All this sits within the fuzzy boundaries of UX design principles.
UX design and optimization is typically the kind of work for which we hire specialized UX professionals. This work is about execution.
More often than not, even the best UX focused companies overlook the significance of UX designs. Or the most common misconception is that it is only about visual appeal. Is it really so? NO…User-centred designs are practically more about problem solving. It facilitates interaction, positive experience and ease of usability.
Ok let’s put it this way, if you are targeting a user named David Merchant and he likes blue, balloons, and biking, you better work out a custom experience that makes him feel important and he can relate to what you create within 3 seconds of his visit on your site.
And well, as they say for every great thing to become realistic, there’s always an expert’s involvement. After 9 years of experience and rigorous research involved, FATbit insists on disciplined experience architecture that you call RESULTS!
User experience design principles/rules to making that big move
- It has to be natural & intuitive.
- He should never ever have to stop to think how to do something.
- Operation must be consistent throughout to ensure a great user experience.
- UX design is an idea to improve the lives of users and customer life-cycle.
- Optimizing User experience is a process of discovery, vision definition, strategy, planning, execution, measurement and iteration.
- Creating rich experience for user, is not only about the design, it is more about INFLUENCE.
- Empower and respect your users. Happy users who experience helpful interactions that guide them through your products/services.
- By following principles like creation of working prototypes, scientifically measurable UX results can be achieved.